As the institution adheres to its motto, Scientia Maxime Cum Virtute (Knowledge is Best with Virtue), it adopts as a guiding principle the expressions of the core values of Claretian Spirituality represented by the acronym C.H.E.E.R.S. or Compassion, Humility, Empowerment, Excellence, Respect for life and Service. Literally, the word CHEERS also signifies the happiness that one gives to others as he or she brings the Good News of Salvation.
The institution thus dedicates itself to the development of these values in order to mold “a community committed to life.” In more concrete ways, Claret School of Quezon City aims to develop the following:
- ...takes pride in being a RESPONSIBLE and PRODUCTIVE citizen of his country.
- ...is RESPECTFUL and APPRECIATIVE of his cultural heritage.
- ...STANDS FOR and PROMOTES the interest and well-being of his people.
- ...is CHRIST’S DISCIPLE in the modern world, COMMITTED to grow in faith; SENSITIVE and RESPONSIVE to the needs of the poor; is MINDFUL of the cry of the whole creation; he CARES for the integrity of Mother Nature and SAVES her beauty and treasures.
- ...is COMPETENT in the exercise of intellectual faculties and OUTSTANDING in the practice of Christian values.
- ...is an OBEDIENT HEARER and FAITHFUL SERVER of God’s word.
- ...is a DEDICATED WITNESS of the REIGN OF GOD, inspired by the ideals of St. Anthony Mary Claret and the examples of the Blessed Mother.
These institutional goals have been trimmed down to specific core values captured by the acronym C.H.E.E.R.S., the development of which is geared towards the molding of a “community committed to life.” Upon the student’s graduation from high school, he would have been molded into a Claretian who is COMPASSIONATE, HUMBLE, EXCELLENT, EMPOWERING, has RESPECT for life, and is SERVICE-ORIENTED.