Coat of Arms
The School Coat of Arms is an important emblem that reflects many things about St. Anthony Claret. This is a symbol which every Claretian should know, understand, and cherish with pride and affection.
The school emblem is distinctly divided into two portions: the deep blue at the right and the radiant red at the left.
The right portion of the emblem shows a glorious sun and the moon. The sun symbolizes the Son of God, resplendent of His might and love, while the moon stands for Mary, who, like the moon, receives and reflects the radiant light of the sun, the sunlight of God's love. The sun also stands for the family name of "Claret," while the moon stands for the family name of Anthony's mother "Clara," meaning clear. The bridge over the river divides the town of Sallent, Spain where Anthony was born. His father, Juan Claret, hailed from the eastern side of the city while his mother came from the western portion. This design imprints St. Anthony's devotion to his parents, Juan and Josefa, thus establishing his corporal birth. This also expresses his filial love for Jesus and the Blessed Mother, thus making his spiritual birth as well.
The left side of the emblem depicts the symbol of the Immaculate Heart of The Blessed Virgin Mary, Patroness of the Missionary Sons of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, the congregation which St. Anthony Claret founded in 1849. Upon the red background is the heart of Mary. The fire bursting forth from Mary's heart symbolizes her limitless love for her son, the roses stand for Mary's tenderness, while the sword represents her sufferings. There are also three white lilies representing Mary's pure love. The lilies also refer to St. Anthony's favorite saints, St. Anthony of Padua and St. Louis Gonzaga. These saints were both known for their practice of purity. It was on the feast day of St. Anthony of Padua, June 13, 1835, when Anthony Claret was ordained into the priesthood and it was at the Church of St. Anthony of Padua where he said his first mass. On the other hand, St. Louis of Gonzaga was the patron of an organization to which St. Anthony Claret belonged as a seminarian and it was during St. Louis's feast when Claret said his first mass.
At the bottom part of the emblem are the words SCIENTIA MAXIME CUM VIRTUTE. Translated, it means "Knowledge is best with virtue." This phrase has been adopted by the school as its own motto to embody the search for knowledge and the promotion of intellectual growth, which is made more sublime with the practice of virtue.
The School Coat of Arms is a history by itself. Every single detail brings with it a deep meaning which every Claretian should know by heart; and the phrase SCIENTIA MAXIME CUM VIRTUTE leads us to the ultimate ideal which every Claretian should strive to achieve.
Inspired by the ideals and charism of St. Anthony Mary Claret, Claret School of Quezon City, in its commitment to the building of God's Kingdom through integral formation, envisions a community of disciples that is academically excellent and faithful to the Word of God.